AmeriCorps Matching Education Award
Cleary University chooses to support students who participate in the AmeriCorps National and Community Service program demonstrating its commitment to the betterment of society. Cleary will match dollar for dollar the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award up to $4,725. Eligibility criteria include:
- Students need to apply for admission
- Students are encouraged to enroll full-time to maximize award amounts (12+ credit hours)
- Students need to provide documentation of AmeriCorps Segal Award eligibility
- Awards will be divided equally over the number of terms in a program of study
Students can receive up to two $4,725 awards if one is used for an undergraduate degree and the other for a graduate degree.
Community College Employee & Family Grant
The following list of participating College employees and immediate family members are eligible to receive a 20% tuition grant toward undergraduate and graduate tuition.
- Henry Ford Community College
- Lansing Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Montcalm Community College
- Mott Community College
- Oakland Community College
- Schoolcraft College
- Washtenaw Community College
How to apply:
- Complete a Tuition Grant Form (to be completed by employee or eligible family member)
- Verify employee status by the College Human Resource Department
- Note: All students are expected to pay the remaining tuition and fees at the point of registration or they may elect to utilize the Cleary University installment plan.
Community Partnership Matching Grant
This Cleary University matching grant is given dollar-for-dollar up to $1,000 (not to exceed the total cost of tuition) to students who have been awarded an outside community grant from our participating community partners. In order to receive the Community Partnership Grant, students need to submit a copy of their scholarship letter.
Genisys Credit Union Dianne Addington Scholarship
One $2,000 scholarship is awarded annually to junior level students (90-120 credit hours completed) with at least a 3.0 GPA. Students must attend at least part-time (eight quarter hours) in a degreeseeking program and must demonstrate academic achievement. Student applicants are required to have at least two years of community service experience and currently be involved in a community service organization. Special consideration will be given if a student is serving in a leadership role. Student applicants must also submit a 250-500 word essay describing how they meet the outlined requirements along with two letters of recommendation from the community organization being served. Transfer students are eligible for the scholarship if the required criteria have been met.
Morse B. Barker Scholarship
Ten (10) $1,500 scholarships are awarded annually by the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation to a non-smoking Washtenaw County resident, aged 18 to 30. The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation selects the recipients. Applicants must complete a scholarship application provided by the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation online at http://www.aaacf.org/scholarships/how-applyby April 1st.
Strategic Business Partnership Tuition Grant
A 20% net tuition grant (after other scholarships and grants are applied) is offered to all eligible employees of our Strategic Business partners and their immediate family members. This grant is applicable to all newly admitted Cleary University undergraduate and graduate programs taken for academic credit, and for subsequent enrollment by these students is contingent upon their continued eligibility with the partnering organization.
To be eligible, the prospective student must apply to Cleary University and be granted admission; all standard Cleary University admissions requirements apply. Applicants must complete the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA), designate Cleary University as their school of choice, and accept all other grants and scholarships for which they are eligible. After meeting these requirements, students will meet with an admissions representative or academic advisor to develop their academic plan and to register for classes. Grants are applied to tuition at the time of registration.
Organizations interested in obtaining information on becoming a Strategic Business Partner should contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 800.686.1883 or visit CLEARY.EDU/SBP.
Download the Strategic Partnership Grant Application here.
YMCA of Metro Detroit Employee Cleary Educational Grant
YMCA of Metro Detroit full- and part-time regular employees are eligible to receive a 30% tuition discount grant.
*Please note there is a limit of one Cleary Academic Grant and/or one Cleary Athletic Grant or scholarship per eligible student. This allows Cleary University to optimize the number of students receiving grants or scholarships as well as to include books costs in tuition, eliminate additional fees, and to offer a tuition guarantee.
- YMCA employees will need to complete the Tuition Discount form that can be downloaded from the Cleary Web site
- Employee status will need to be verified with the YMCA Human Resource department before grant is calculated
- MBA classes are included
- All students are expected to pay the remaining tuition and fees at the point of registration or opt to use the Cleary University installment plan