Day of F-1 Visa Interview
Prepare and bring the following documents to your visa interview:
- Visa interview appointment letter (printed)
- A passport valid for at least six months
- Original Form I-20 (sign the form under Item 11) or DS-2019 (scanned or photocopies are not allowed)
- School admission letter
- Completed visa application (DS-160) (Visa application is completed online, please keep a printed copy)
- Two 2”x 2” photographs in the prescribed format (no more than six months old) complete here.
- A receipt for the visa application fee
- A receipt for the SEVIS fee.
- If you have not received an official receipt in the mail showing payment and you paid the fee electronically, the consulate will accept the temporary receipt you printed from your computer. If you do not have a receipt, the consulate may be able to see your payment electronically if your fee payment was processed at least 3 business days before your interview.
- Original financial evidence (original bank statement etc.) that shows you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period you intend to study.
- Qualifications - Degree/Diploma certificates
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Standardized test scores if applicable (SAT, ATC, GRE, GMAT)
- Resume or CV and list of publications (if any)
- Any information that proves that you intend to return to your home country after finishing your studies in the U.S. This may include proof of property, job, family, or other ties to your community.
!!! Remain calm and answer all the consular officer’s questions
openly and honestly in a disciplined & organized manner!!!
If you have any questions, please contact the Cleary University Graduate Office (International Student Support).
F1 Visa Interview Questions
(All the Q &A is for reference only, gathered using social media, blogs and student feedback)
Visa Officer/Consular (VO): Would like to know the following during the visa interview:
- Student’s academics & interest in US education
- Future intentions & ties to home country
- Financial support for education and living (during their stay in USA)
- Past education details (course details, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT etc.)
- Work experience
What are you going to study in the USA?
To study MBA in Health Care or Management
Why did you choose the USA?
As per U.S.E.F.I. United States Education Foundation in India, US Education is 6 years ahead of the rest of the world. It is the center of excellence in the field of computer science and engineering.
It is the center of excellence in the field of computer science.
US Universities have great facilities for research. Moreover, an MS degree from USA has high recognition.
How do you say that the USA is center of excellence?
Global technological leaders are from the USA (in the field of software/hardware) which includes IBM, Apple, Microsoft etc.
Why did you choose Cleary University?
Cleary University is a private university in Ann Arbor and Howell, Michigan, offering more than 15 academic programs specifically in the arena of business. Students enjoy extensive resources not available at most small colleges and personal attention not commonly found at large universities.
Cleary University University ranks among "Peterson's" 440 Colleges for Top Students and the Best 371 Colleges by "Princeton Review." "U.S. News & World Report" annually selects Cleary University as being among the best schools in the nation.
On average, 94 percent of graduates start jobs or are attending graduate school within six months of graduation.
How can you say USA universities are Primarily Research Centers?
The curriculum is more practical and application oriented.
Why only the USA and not any other countries?
The USA is the undisputed leader in information business, entrepreneurship, healthcare, technology and communications.
How many schools did you apply to? List them.
List the numbers of schools you have applied to, based on your preference.
What is your GRE/TOEFL/IELTS/GMAT score?
Please mention your score. If you have scored low, be honest in answering the reason for the low score.
Will you work while studying?
Yes, if it is related to my studies like a graduate assistantship (on campus) or as part of the program CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
Tell me about your parents?
Please give full details about your family.
How they are going to fund you?
If a family member or some other person is supplying the funding, an affidavit of support should be included.
What is source of this income/fund?
There is adequate funding to cover all tuition, living expenses, books and insurance. Applicants must prove that they have enough funding for tuition, living expenses, books and health insurance. If a scholarship has been awarded, the applicant should provide the letter issued from the school. If personal funds will be used, there must be adequate funding for the entire course of study.
Will you work if you get a full time job in USA?
No. I am not interested, sir/ma’am. I am interested in Education and sharpening my skills in the USA. I will bring back the experience and knowledge to my home country.
Students must prove that they intend to return to their home country after the completion of their course of study in the United States.
Are your relatives in the USA? (Students with siblings living in USA may be asked this question)
If you apply from different locations; why did you come for Delhi instead of Hyderabad?
Getting a visa appointment date in my state was difficult and I would like to organize my schedule.
Most common questions include:
- How did you come to know about these schools?
- Have you contacted any of your faculty?
- Is it worth spending money on your master’s degree?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters? Details about your sibling(s)?
- If you have a brother\sister, what about their education and funding?
- What will do after your MS?
- What is the proof/guarantee that you will return to your home country?
- What are your future plans?
- Why do you think that you are eligible for F1 visa?
- If you do not receive your F1 visa, what is your next step or plan?
- Do you know anybody in this University?
- Where exactly are you going in the USA?
- Which Consultancy helped with F1 Visa Documentation?
*This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.