Marketing is a core strategic function of any enterprise, and its central focus is to understand the customer in order to satisfy needs and build long-term relationships. The impact of the Internet on the marketing disciplines has dramatically changed the field. The melding of basic marketing principles with customer-centric management, strategic accountability, and Web-based strategies is central to our marketing curriculum. Cleary's Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA) in Marketing prepares students for a successful career in marketing.
Our faculty use case studies, project-based learning, and other application teaching methods that promote real-world decision making. Students will apply common business practices through online and on-campus courses, working individually and in group projects in both settings. Course work emphasizes good critical thinking skills and the development of ethical leadership. Class discussions revolve around both classical issues and current trends that the business enterprise might face. The Senior Project courses require the students to incorporate learning outcomes into a customized application project.
Marketing is actually many business activities that interact in order to promote goods or services to achieve customer satisfaction and to build relationships with customers. As a field, marketing involves planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of a product, whether that product is a service, good, or corporate image. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment outlook for marketing professionals is expected to increase faster than the average for all occupations through 2014, spurred by intense domestic and global competition in products and services offered to consumers. Coupled with the right work experience, graduates from this program may qualify for the following career opportunities:
- Account Coordinator
- Client Services Manager
- New Business Development Specialist
- Brand Manager
- Direct Marketing Manager
- Email Marketing Manager
- Event Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Communications Manager
Cleary University’s BBA in Marketing prepares students for the certification exam, Professional Certified Marketer (PCM), which is administered by the American Marketing Association. Course work in the major, along with a practice test that Cleary has developed, prepares students to sit for the PCM exam. To be certified, one must pass the PCM and either have a bachelor’s degree and four years of professional work experience, or a master’s degree and two years of professional work experience.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree, the graduate will be able to:
- Understand the appropriate regulations, laws, and guidelines affecting marketing and adhere to applicable ethical codes
- Conduct environmental analyses by identifying industry trends, analyzing competitors, assessing the organization, and researching the customer in order to evaluate a marketing situation and guide strategy development/selection
- Conduct market research to collect data related to environmental scans, demand forecasts, market segmentation, new product testing, etc. to guide/support marketing strategy development/selection
- Develop a market-product focus by setting marketing and e-Marketing objectives (based on market and product), segmenting the market, identifying target segment(s), and positioning the product, good, or service
- Develop marketing strategies to introduce a new product to a market based on product characteristics, pricing strategies, e-Marketing components, market information and channel objectives
- Identify appropriate direct marketing promotional strategies (e-Marketing, personal selling, advertising, sales promotion, publicity, etc.) to achieve marketing goals
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of marketing processes, programs and outcomes
- Apply new technology such as social media and Web 3.0 for market development, customer retention, and customer relationship building