International Students

Welcome, International Students:

Founded in 1883, Cleary University is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Cleary is an independent, not-for-profit, multi-campus institution specializing in business education. The mission of the university is to provide a practical, application-based education, which equips students to advance their careers.

Admission Requirements for non-immigrant Students

Each applicant seeking admission to Cleary University must submit the following documents before his or her application will be considered complete:

• A completed Cleary University online application. A $35 non-refundable application fee must accompany the application.

• Official college or high school records, translated into the English language and evaluated course by course. Transcript must be sent directly from World Education Services to Cleary University, Office of Admissions, 3750 Cleary Drive, Howell, MI 48843. The following website can assist you with this step: World Education Services.

• Official copy of English proficiency test results. A satisfactory TOEFL score of 550 (paper based); 213 (computer based); 70 (Internet based); or MELAB score of 75 or above.

For applicants whose native language is English, a proficiency test is not required. Cleary University will also accept the successful completion of a basic composition course, equivalent to ENG 160, at a U.S. college or university with a grade of "C" or higher to meet the language requirement. 

• A copy of your passport, visa, I-94 card (which you will receive at your port-of-entry to the United States) and any previous I-20. 

• Affidavit of financial support. Proof of financial ability to pay all tuition and living expenses during your time of enrollment with Cleary University. This document must be notarized and accompanied by original bank and earning statements of the sponsor.

•  Affidavit of room and board (e.g. rental agreement). If a sponsor will provide room and board, the attached form must be notarized and accompanied by a copy of the lease or deed in the sponsor's name.

• If the applicant is transferring from another school within the United States, an F-1 transfer student form is required. The form is called Transfer Verification Request and is included in the Cleary University International Student Packet. 

It is necessary for the above requirements to be met before an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant [F1] Student Status) is issued.