Transfer Student Scholarships

To Get Started 

  • New transfer student who has earned 30 semester credits (45 term credits) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible for the listed scholarships
  • Eligible students must be transferring from an institution to Cleary University within one year. Please note there is a limit of one Cleary University grant or scholarship per eligible student. 
  • Add Cleary's school code (002246) as a correction to your aid report.
  • Once we receive your corrected aid report, Cleary will send you an award package with your reaming aid eligibility.
Our scholarships are based on full-time, full year attendance. Students beginning in terms other than Fall will have annual scholarship amounts prorated so that no more than one third of an annual scholarship amount may be awarded in any one term.


Achievement Transfer Scholarship 

New transfer students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible. The scholarship will be applied upon first term registration. Students must register at least three weeks prior to first term start.

  • Application for admission to Cleary University (apply online at
  • Full-time enrollment in a Cleary bachelor or higher degree program
  • Maintain a 3.5 Level I ($6,300) or 3.0 Level II ($3,000) for annual renewal up to two years. 

Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Transferring Aid to Cleary University 

Cleary University provides $4,000 renewable scholarships to members of Phi Theta Kappa who have graduated from an accredited community college or university with at least a 3.0 GPA within the past 12 months. Requirements:

  • Application of admission to Cleary University (apply online at
  • Recommendation letter from previous college staff or faculty member
  • Documentation that verifies current membership in good standing with Phi Theta Kappa
  •   Enroll full-time in a Bachelor or higher degree at Cleary University
  • Maintain a 3.0 GPA for annual renewal for up to two years ($2,000 per academic year)

Transferring Aid to Cleary University  

  • Each year, students need to reapply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). 
  • If you have already applied at your current institution, the amount that you may receive at Cleary University for the remainder of the year will be reduced by the amount of financial aid that you have already used. 
  • Although students are allowed to transfer and receive aid from two different schools for the same overlapping terms or semesters. if you plan to use financial aid at Cleary, you will need to have your prior school cancel any future scheduled aid disbursements. This will enable us to process any remaining aid eligibility that you may have.