Students Veterans Coordinator
800-686-1883 ext. 1154
Career & Counseling Services
Amy Denton: email email@example.com or call 800- 686-1883 ext. 1556
Personal Counseling through Cleary University. Make an appointment with Andrew Chamberlin firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-686-1883 ext, 1455
We are in process of creating library with textbooks available to use for student veterans. If you know anyone that would like to donate used textbooks please let us know email@example.com or call 800-686-1883 ext 1154.
Buddy-to-Buddy Volunteer Veteran Program
Buddy-to-Buddy is a peer-to-peer outreach program that trains veterans to provide peer support and linkage to needed resources for Michigan Post-9/11 service members and veterans. Please contact us if you interested in learning more about the Buddy-to-Buddy Volunteer Veteran Program, would like to become a volunteer, or are seeking assistance. Please note that at this time, we are only assisting Post-9/11 service members and veterans that reside in the state of Michigan.
Please call 1-888-822-8339 or send an email to buddytobuddyVVP@umich.edu.
The Buddy-to-Buddy Volunteer Veteran Program cannot provide an immediate response in an emergency. If you or someone you know needs immediate assistance, please contact one of the following resources:
If you or someone you know is currently in the act of harming him/herself and/or in immediate need of medical attention, call 911 immediately.
If you are a veteran in emotional distress or thinking about suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at (800) 273-TALK (8255) and press 1 for veterans.
Employment Opportunities for Veterans
Other Useful Links for Veterans
- Applying for VA Health Benefits https://www.va.gov/health-care/
- My HealtheVet https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home
- VA Dental Care Information https://www.va.gov/DENTAL/patients.asp
- Requesting Military Medical Records https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/medical-records.html
- Suicide Prevention https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention/
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) help https://www.ptsd.va.gov
- Mental Health https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/index.asp
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Website https://www.michiganveterans.com/
- VA Education Office – (888) 442-4551
- VA Website – https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage