A WOMEN’S GIVING CIRCLE
The Helen Clarke Jenks Cleary Giving Circle is named after Helen Cleary, the wife of Cleary University’s founder, in recognition of her many contributions to the institution. Helen’s Circle was established with a firm belief that higher education has a positive effect on society and that Cleary University is educating students to serve a world in need. Helen’s Circle offers financial support to faculty, staff, students, or student organizations to help them achieve goals, dreams, and ideas that could not otherwise be met or promoted within the normal operating budget of the University.
MISSION AND PURPOSE
Helen’s Circle aspires to promote the University through investments and grants to University initiatives. We are committed to forging new relationships and building a community of thoughtful, effective women philanthropists, diverse in age, interests, and backgrounds.
The Helen Clarke Jenks Cleary Giving Circle at Cleary University aims to:
1. Make a difference in the University by contributing time, talents, and monetary resources
2. Encourage a sense of community among ourselves and those we serve
3. Educate and increase awareness of the University and its needs
4. Promote volunteerism and effective philanthropy
5. Build a network that is a catalyst for positive change
HOW IT WORKS
Every contributing member pledges a minimum of $1,000 each fiscal year (beyond any other gifts or contributions being made to the University). All donations are deposited into a restricted fund. The amount of money available for distribution will vary each year as it is dependent on the number of Helen’s Circle members.
Faculty, students, student organizations, and staff are invited to apply for grants from Helen’s Circle. A Helen’s Circle committee reviews all applications and the full membership votes on distribution of the awards. Award recipients may be invited to make a short presentation at the full membership meeting about how they used their grant funds.
The University relies upon the continued philanthropy of its many friends and donors to fund student scholarships and general institutional operations. If you, or you and your spouse, currently support the University, we ask that you continue that support and consider Helen’s Circle as an additional opportunity to make a difference.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Lunch provided at the three business meetings per year
- Mentoring young women
- Cleary Spirit Shop discount of 10%
- Exclusive invitations to special events
- Travel opportunities through partnership with Red Carpet Travel Club
Please join us in continuing the legacy of the many great women who have contributed to Cleary University! Your donation of $1,000 or more can be made in annual, semi-annual, quarterly, or monthly payments in cash, check, stock, or by credit card. Judy Walker, Chief Financial Officer at Cleary University, is available and happy to discuss your membership in Helen’s Circle. For more information, call 800.686.1883, extension 3316 or email email@example.com.
PROJECTS FUNDED BY HELEN’S CIRCLE GRANTS
Since its inception in the fall of 2009, Helen’s Circle has funded 69 grants totaling $152,280.
The projects funded for the 2016-2017 fiscal year total $22,550 and include:
- Front Desk Check-Out Supplies for the Residence Hall
- Internship Fair
- Residence Hall Bulletin Boards
- Upgraded BINGO Equipment for Athletic Fundraisers
- Water Dispensing Station for Wellness Center
- Bicycle Racks
- Innovation Fellowship
- Basketball Goals for Wellness Center
- Grounds Beautification
Patrick R. Cleary II