Close this search box.

Scholarships and Grants



  • Michigan Tuition Grant (MTG) – Available to undergraduate students based on financial need for attendance at Michigan Independent Non-Profit colleges such as Cleary University.
  • Michigan Competitive Scholarship (MCS) – Available to undergraduate students based on need and SAT Score of at least 1200 starting with the class of 2017.
  • For more information on state aid visit:

Student and Parent Loans

Low interest loans for students and parents available to help pay for the cost of a student’s education.  https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans

  • Stafford (Direct) Loans – Subsidized based on need. The government pays interest while the student is in school. Unsubsidized not-need-based. Student is responsible for interest payments.
  • Parent PLUS Loan – Loans available to parents of dependent students to help pay for educational expenses. To apply go to https://studentaid.gov/plus-app/parent/landing.
  • Grad PLUS Loan – Loan specifically for graduate students in need of additional loan funding for graduate school. To apply go to https://studentaid.gov/plus-app/grad/landing.
  • Private (Alternative) Loan – Educational loans available to help students cover additional educational expenses over and above what regular financial aid may not cover. Students should always apply for federal financial aid by filling out the FAFSA form and taking out low-interest loans first before considering alternative loans. Due to federal regulations and a changing credit market, Cleary University chooses to have students consult their own banking institutions as well as investigate other options to compare rates and benefits best suited to their individual needs.

Federal Methodology Cost of Attendance Estimation

Additional Federal Loan Elements

  • Loan Proration – Loans are subject to proration when the borrower is enrolled in a program that is shorter than a full academic year; or enrolled in a program that is one academic year or more in length, but is in a remaining period of study that is shorter than a full academic year.
  • Complete Entrance Counseling & Sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN) – The process for Direct Loan borrowers involves two steps: Participating in Student Loan Entrance Counseling and Completing and signing an electronic Master Promissory Note at https://studentaid.gov/.
  • Complete Exit Counseling – Upon completion of schooling or if you stop attending at least half-time or more, if you took out student loans you will need to complete loan Exit Counseling.
  • All counseling is online and may be completed at https://studentaid.gov/.
  • Preventing Default – Understanding your loan agreement, staying on top of your loan payments and notifying your lender if you need assistance is important so that you don’t go into default.  For additional information go to: https://studentaid.gov/.
  • Loan Repayment – Find the right repayment plan for you, learn how to make payments, get help if you can’t afford your payments, and see what circumstances might result in a loan being forgiven, canceled, or discharged https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans.
  • Loan Consolidation – Know about loan consolidation and if it is right for you. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/consolidation.
  • National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) – A central database for your personal student loan information. View what loans you have out, and who is currently holding your loans https://nsldsfap.ed.gov/nslds_SA/.
  • Contact the financial aid office for assistance at finaid@cleary.edu.


Cleary University has two student worker programs:

  1. Federal College Work-Study funded by the government and Cleary University.
  2. Work-to-Learn program for students who aren’t eligible for the federal work program.

How does this work?

  • Students may contact Career Services and request student worker jobs that may be available. Send a resume and cover letter to the supervisor contact information listed on the job description. If hired, determination as to whether you are eligible for the Federal College Work-Study program or the Work-to-Learn program will be determined at the time of hire.

How will I receive my award?

  • If eligible for Federal College Work-Study, your award will be added to your financial aid offer. Earnings will be paid to you semi-monthly based on hours worked and rate of pay.

Veteran’s Benefits

Please see Veterans Resource

Education Savings Plans

529 Plans