Cleary Commons Dining Services
The Cleary Commons is open this spring. The Cleary Commons replaced Clancy’s, which was located in the Chrysler building. This new facility offers collaborative dining, work spaces and dining services. We will still be under construction during the school year, but it will be open for students. Our modified dining plan was created on the basis of guidance from local health officials and our food services staff.
- On-campus dining is available in the new Cleary Commons.
- Seating is limited to 50% capacity.
- Students may also take their meals to go to promote health, safety, and well-being among all student residents.
- Grocery and food deliveries will be allowed on campus.
- All diners will be required to wash their hands before entering food service lines.
- All food service staff will undergo pre-work temperature checks and will wear facial coverings and gloves when in contact with diners and as their jobs safely allow.
- Other safety measures in our dining spaces will include physically distant queues and seating arrangements; and strict sanitizing processes for tables, utensils, and shared spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Cleary Commons open during the spring semester? What are the hours of operation?
Cleary Commons will be open for the spring semester. Cleary Commons will be open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Hours at all the dining facilities may be adjusted during the semester.
What extra steps are taken to ensure safety of patrons?
Cleary Commons will have designated entrances and exits marked with signage for a socially distant traffic flow. There will also be social distancing markers on the floor to ensure 6 feet between guests. In areas where maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet is difficult, physical barriers such as sneeze guards and partitions will be installed. All self-service stations have been removed and replaced with pre-packaged options.
What enhanced health, safety, and cleaning protocols are taking place in the Cleary Commons?
Cleary is implementing the following protocols in dining facilities:
- Additional handwashing practices and education.
- Social distancing requirements.
- Required use of hand sanitizer for all.
- All service staff are required to wear gloves and face masks at all times.
- Signs posted inform guests of safety and sanitation procedures.
- Periodic use of disinfectant sprayer to sanitize dining and service areas.
Will I be able to eat my meal inside Cleary Commons?
Yes, but with limitations. Cleary Commons will have limited seating available. Based on current public health guidelines, we anticipate occupancy will be limited to 50% of the building’s authorized fire code occupancy. Outdoor seating will also be available outside Cleary Commons. Food and beverages are available as carryout as well. We are exploring options to create additional outdoor seating to increase capacity.
Can both residential and commuter students eat at Cleary Commons?
Yes. Residential students with meal plans will utilize their meal cards. All students, staff, and faculty can pay for meals with cash or card at the check-out counter. More information about meal plans can be found here.
Will the Cleary Commons still offer foods that accommodate special dietary needs?
Yes. If you have any dietary needs, please contact Chef Dawnmarie, at email@example.com to ensure your needs are met.
What if I am sick, quarantined, and need food?
Contact the Health and Safety team for more information on service protocols for residential students who are identified as needing to quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19 or upon receiving a COVID-19 diagnosis. For meal delivery while in quarantine, please contact the Director of Housing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I still get food delivered to my residential hall from local restaurants or grocery stores?
Yes. Grocery and food deliveries are allowed on campus. Students must arrange curbside delivery and meet delivery drivers in front of the building.
In an effort to provide clarity around our plan for responding to COVID-19 and how we will return to campus, we have developed a flexible approach to re-open campus that can be adjusted as conditions evolve. Click on the boxes below for more information.