Continuing and Current Students
Students Veterans Coordinator
P| 800-686-1883 ext. 1154
50% Military Service Grant for Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
This grant is available to veterans who have exhausted their VA benefits. The grant applies to tuition after all other state and/or federal grants, scholarships, or employer reimbursements have been awarded. This scholarship is not valid with any other institutional scholarship from Cleary University. Students are required to maintain a GPA of 2.0 in the undergraduate program and 3.0 in the graduate program to continue receiving the grant.
- Students are required to complete the FAFSA annually.
- Accept any grants and/or scholarships for which they may be eligible.
- Honorably discharged veterans are required to provide a copy of their DD214.
Semester GPAs will be reviewed after each semester to determine continued eligibility.
Yellow Ribbon Enhancement Program
Cleary University will match 50% up to $1,000 per semester for current active military or honorably discharged veterans to offset tuition after the maximum tuition cap has been reached under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
Military Guaranteed Tuition Rate
If you are called into active duty while you are taking classes at Cleary University, and you are not able to complete your degree requirements, we will hold your tuition rate for up to nine months after you have been released from active duty, provided the absence does not exceed five years.
Services for Veterans at CUCounseling:
State and Federal Services for Veterans at CU
- Buddy-to-Buddy Volunteer Veteran Program
- Michigan Veterans Trust fund/Help from the State of Michigan.
- Veterans Employment Toolkit
- Applying for VA Health Benefits
- My HealtheVet
- VA Dental Care Information
- Requesting Military Medical Records
- Suicide Prevention
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) help
- Mental Health
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Website
- VA Education Office – (888) 442-4551
- VA Website