The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Health Care Management is a degree program designed to provide preparation for management positions in the health care industry. Courses in the major address current management issues and challenges confronting professionals in the health care field. Core courses provide a comprehensive exposure to the foundation principles of business.
Health care service managers are in constant demand. A combination of work experience in the health care field and strong business and management skills lead to the best opportunities. Within the health care management program, you will utilize that foundation of health care experience and build upon it in terms of leadership and business fundamentals for advancement.
Graduates of the health care management program will be able to:
- Describe effective management strategies needed to achieve successful outcomes in the health care system.
- Discuss various health care delivery models, including entitlement programs, health management organizations, and private insurance.
- Apply business skills in the areas of health care budgeting and finance, human resources, strategic planning, marketing, health information technology, and quality management.
- Employ ethical practice and legal responsibilities in the management of the health care setting.
- Relate broader issues of health care economics, policy, regulation, and risk management.
- Describe the impact of global health care issues on both the local health care market and a global setting.
Health Care Management BBA (120 Credits)
Additional Program Requirements
General Education (see General Education Requirements for details) 30 credits
Electives (44 Credits)Note: Students must complete a minimum of 30 credits at Cleary University to be awarded this degree. *Note: Up to 15 designated core or elective credits can be replaced with MBA or MS courses, which will count towards graduate degree requirements.